We’ve been making butter with our Volcano Poo or vaporizer leftovers for almost a decade with great results. But we’re liking this new method so much it’s time to share it with you. Making cannabis infused coconut oil from vaporizer waste is much easier than butter, healthier and more versatile. With the right equipment and attention to detail you can make some top notch product.
You can go from leftovers to usable edibles in under 3 hours.
Our recipe calls for 2 ounces of vaporizer poo to 16 ounces (fluid) of coconut oil. You can adjust this in either direction, and use a larger or smaller Pyrex as needed.
- 16oz Organic Coconut Oil
- 2oz Vaporizer Leftovers or Volcano Poo
- 48oz Canola Oil for Heating (Can be reused)
- Fondue Pot, Crock Pot or Double Boiler
- Potato Masher
- Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainer
- Paper Coffee Filters
- Stainless Steel Funnel with Strainer
- Place coconut oil in hot water bath to liquify.
- Prepare oil bath or double boiler.
- Measure 16oz of liquid coconut oil into Pyrex or double boiler.
- Measure 2oz of vaporizer leftovers and add to coconut oil, stirring into oil thoroughly.
- Place Pyrex in oil bath and turn fondue pot on.
- Adjust heat level to maintain steady 180 degree fahrenheit temperature inside Pyrex.
- Hold at temperature for 2 hours, stirring frequently.
- Be sure temperature does not go above 180 degrees! We are very happy with the investment we made in this fondue pot which holds temp beautifully for hours precisely.
- Turn off crock pot.
- Place mesh strainer on bowl and carefully pour hot oil mix into it.
- Using a potato masher or other suitable tool, press as much oil out of the vaporizer leftovers as possible.
- Carefully and securely discard leftover plant material.
- Prepare coffee filter in stainless funnel.
- Pour oil into filter and allow to gravity drip into storage jar.
- At some point, you may need to switch filters when sediment builds up. By carefully pinching the top of the old filter, you can lift it up and slide a fresh one underneath. Then twist and squeeze all remaining oil out of the discarded filter.
- Work quickly to filter all the oil before it starts to solidify again.
- Properly label and store your new oil.
One reason we prefer the coconut oil to the old butter recipe is it’s much more versatile to use.
- Bake with it
- Add to beverages
- Bulletproof Coffee!
- Apply topically
- Take sublingually
- Make capsules
- Eat it straight from the jar