Here’s a new use for your Volcano vaporizer leftovers. Glycerin tincture is a great portable way to medicate sublingually. You can also cook with it or add it to drinks. None of the fat and cholesterol of butter and brownies, and without the added effects of alcohol in alcohol based tinctures.
- Volcano Poo / Vaporizer Leftovers
1 gram to 1 oz of Glycerin works well for me. Potency will depend on the potency of the poo, you may wish to adjust the amount to get your desired potency.
- Food Grade Vegetable Glycerin Most health food stores will sell this in 16oz. bottles under the NOW brand. You must make sure that the glycerin is marked food grade
- Slow Cooker / Crock Pot These are available very cheap from Target, Wal-Mart, etc – or from Amazon
- Cheese Cloth or Jam Strainer Cheese cloth is readily available wherever canning supplies are sold – the supermarket, even the hardware store.
- Large Rubber Band
- Bottling Supplies Gylcerin should be kept out of the light, so dark brown apothecary bottles are best. I’ve found some great deals on Amazon and at the local health food store. You’ll want bottles with 1ml droppers.
- Add 16oz of food grade glycerin to crock pot
- Thoroughly mix in your volcano poo or vaporizer leftovers
- Put crock pot on lowest setting and cover with lid
- Stir hourly
- Allow mixture and crock pot to work their magic for at least 8 hours
- Turn off crock pot and allow temperature to cool off
- Prepare the funnel by making a cheese cloth filter for it. I take a good length of cheese cloth and completely unfold it. The fold it in half once and then once again – giving me a square that is 4 layers thick. I lay this over the funnel, and use the rubber band to secure it. My funnel has a little tab on the rim so you can hang it, the rubber band runs right below the rim, and then hooks over this tab keeping it tight at the rim.
- Place the funnel over a large canning jar or whatever clean glass storage vessel you like.
- Carefully spoon the glycerin/poo mixture into the funnel.
- Let gravity do it’s work. I let mine drip overnight.
- You can now undo the rubber band securing the cheese cloth to the funnel.
- Make a ball around the remaining material and tie off the top.
- Using latex gloves squeeze the cheese cloth package to wring out any remaining glycerin. It’s important to wear gloves because you can end up dosing yourself through your skin.
- Safely dispose of the cheese cloth poo ball. Don’t put it anywhere animals or pets could end up eating it!
The glycerin can be used in recipes, it has a sweet taste. Or you can use a dropper under your tongue for sublingual use.
The potency can vary wildly depending on too many factors to list. Titer the dose by starting with 1 drop under the tongue, wait 15 minutes observe how you feel and take another if needed, repeat until you reach your desired dose. You may wish to spit out the glycerin after it’s been under your tongue – swallowing will cause it to be absorbed later in your stomach – possibly enhancing the effects.
- The quality and state of the volcano poo must be considered. If you don’t like the way it tastes/smells before you make glycerin with it, you certainly will not like the taste of the resulting product. So I think this process is only good for folks who vape at lower temps and have lighter colored volcano poo.
- The cooking temperature must be slow and low. There should be no bubbling. If your crock pot is too hot even on the lowest setting, placing some crumpled tin foil beneath the pot can help diffuse some heat.