After 6+ years of loyal service, my Volcano finally broke. The green air switch snapped, and became very difficult to operate. Thankfully, it’s an easy and relatively inexpensive fix and works for the heat switch as well.
UPDATE: New video now available – click here to watch the Volcano switch replacement video.
What you’ll need:
- Torx T8 Security Screwdriver
This is the magic key to opening your Voclano to get at the inside.
- Green (Air) Replacement Rocker Switch
- or Red (Heat) Replacement Rocker Switch
- For Volcano Digit Switches Click Here
How to replace the heat or air switch on your Volcano vaporizer:
- Unplug your Volcano and put it on a sturdy work surface.
- Use the Torx T8 security screwdriver to remove the small screws securing the cone to the plastic base. Once the screws are free, tip the cone towards the heat control to remove it. You must keep it nearby as a grounding wire keeps it tethered to the base.
- Push out the broken or defective rocker switch from the back. You will need to depress the retaining clips to get it through the hole. Remove the wire connectors by pulling and slowly rocking side to side. You can also use a small flat head screw driver to push the connectors off. Keep the connectors in order so you can replace them in the same sequence.
- Prepare the new switch by orienting it correctly. Each blade connector on the back has a number, 1-3. Contact 1 belongs at the top. Also the ‘O’ on the front of the switch will be at top. Push the new switch through the opening, attaching the wire connectors as you go. Once connected use your thumb to press the switch firmly into position.
- Return to vaping as normal.